A challenge in k12 education is that students can buy essays within essayclick.net be passive observers…
World Diabetes Day
Diabetes is one of the biggest public health emergencies of the 21st century. The lack of access to insulin and other essential medicines means that millions of people are dying from this disease and many others suffering disabling consequences including nerve and kidney disease.
Take a positive step to fight the diabetes epidemic. Join the International Diabetes Federation (IDF) on World Diabetes Day to show your support for improved access to essential care and medicines for all people with diabetes.
Access to life saving care is a right!
World Diabetes Day Walk
THE GLOBAL BURDEN “DIABETES EMERGING HEALTH PROBLEM”
- 366 million people have diabetes in 2011; by 2030 this will have risen to 552 million
- The number of people with type 2 diabetes is increasing in every country
- 80% of people with diabetes live in low- and middle-income countries
- The greatest number of people with diabetes are between 40 to 59 years of age
- 183 million people (50%) with diabetes areundiagnosed
- Diabetes caused 4.6 million deaths in 2011
- Diabetes caused at least USD 465 billion dollars in healthcare expenditures in 2011; 11% of total healthcare expenditures in adults (20-79 years)
- 78, 000 children develop type 1 diabetes every year